Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who Loves Ya, Babe?

We practiced with these
Because I want nothing but the best, most accurate prose for you, my faithful readers, I took a sword fighting class on Tuesday. Broadsword, specifically (although we practiced with katanas). I learned about true edge (the one opposite your supporting thumb) about upper and lower lines, and about not going to the hospital. Cool!

There's something deeply satisfying about holding a weapon - and I say this is a committed gun-control proponent. Also the instructor was really cute - she had this Callie Thorne thing going on. But the next day, my ankles - hoo, boy! Yikes. That's why middle-aged men are generals, not swordsmen.

What I do for my fans.

2 comments:

  1. Love being a writer - research can be such fun - despite the sore ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my next novel will be something involving dancing girls. Or yachts.

    ReplyDelete